Maintenance engineering is the branch of engineering that focuses on the maintenance of machinery, equipment, and other physical assets. Maintenance engineers work to ensure that equipment is kept in good working order, and that any issues or malfunctions are identified and addressed in a timely manner.
The curriculum for Maintenance Engineering courses includes the following topics:
- Introduction to maintenance engineering
- Maintenance management systems and strategies
- Preventive and predictive maintenance techniques
- Maintenance documentation and record keeping
- Root cause analysis and failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA)
- Maintenance scheduling and planning
- Maintenance budgeting and cost control
- Maintenance safety and environmental considerations
- Condition-based maintenance (CBM) and reliability-centered maintenance (RCM)
The curriculum may also include hands-on training and case studies to provide practical experience in maintenance engineering.