Production management is the process of planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the activities related to the production of goods and services in an organization. The primary objective of production management is to ensure that the production process is carried out efficiently, effectively, and in a cost-effective manner.
The curriculum for production management courses includes the following topics:
- Introduction to production management
- Operations management and process analysis
- Capacity planning and resource allocation
- Inventory management and control
- Lean manufacturing and just-in-time (JIT) production
- Quality control and assurance
- Supply chain management and logistics
- Project management and scheduling
- Production planning and control
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
The curriculum may also include hands-on training and case studies to provide practical experience in production management.